Where to start?
Getting married is easy, planning a wedding on the other hand can be a daunting task. Obviously it’s a safe assumption most have never planned a wedding before so after the initial excitement and when faced with a barrage of decisions along with all of work ahead it’s no wonder most brides are left totally overwhelmed!
This post is here to help, a total sequential overview from start to finish of what to expect, what’s included and what to do when we work together. Think of it as the master plan! My goal is to make everything as easy as possible for you.
– Pop me an email or use the contact from above, check on the availability or your date, let me know a bit about you and what you have planned. Dates get taken sometimes well over a year in advance, May, June, July, September and October are the most popular. If you want a Saturday in one of those months, act fast! I’ll gladly send you my detailed pricing info and answer any questions you may have.
– What to book? Essentially it all boils down to time, how much coverage do you want? How about and engagement session or a stunning wedding album?
– Have lots of questions? Check here first – http://www.gavinhowarth.com/information/
– Usually at this point there is some discussion either in person or over the phone, Skype even or maybe just sticking to email. I’ll send my agreement which has some basic terms and conditions, which along with a 30% retainer secures the date!! Once I have both of those I’ll send along a confirmation with my welcome package which includes all sorts of info to help us work better together.
Ok so you’re booked! Phew, one less thing to worry about but now what?
– Discussion over the big day, logistics timing and all sorts of other details are hashed out over the coming weeks and months.
– Engagement session, I can’t recommend them enough! If you’ve booked one or have one included it’s time to give that some thought. Where and when are the two obvious questions. Given the typical season I try and get these all done by April at the latest. As for locations it’s totally up to you, get as creative as you like. Have a look at some of the more recent sessions. If you booked a session the images will be posted online within a couple of weeks. From there you can use them for all sorts of things on your day from table prints to cards even a nice canvas print for display or my favourite, a custom designed guest book for your guests to sign, full of your images!
– The pre-wedding meeting, typically 6 weeks out I’ll touch base regarding a final meeting. This is our last run through, a chance to check our contact details and confirm all of the details of the day.
The big day!
– It’s here, after months of planning the big day is upon us! The day typically plays out just as planned, weather permitting of course. If you went along with an engagement session then at this point you should be a lot more comfortable being photographed.
– My goal is to get in, ensure I capture everything and so much more but without being here, there and everywhere. A tricky challenge that comes with experience. Consistent, all day coverage is the name of the game. I’m there with you throughout the entirety of the day along with my trusty assistant.
– Depending on the plans we may have multiple locations and various other logistical issues. A typical wedding consists of bridal getting ready, ceremony, family and bridal party, B&G portraits then into the reception. A lot of couples these days like to see each other before hand, I love this and it can really free up your time.
– The day is done, we’re all exhausted, time for a honeymoon!
Post big day
– I love to Blog images from recent events and do most weddings, I can’t do them all but certainly most. I always aim to have them blogged in 1-2 weeks, it’s so exciting to get a brand new set of images up online which you can then share with your friends and family. They love it and there are enough images so that it covers all parts of the day, a chance to relive it again.
– This next part is where I spend countless hours, the post processing! Every image is painstakingly processed, colour corrected, and worked to perfection. What’s left is a finished, polished set of images ready for delivery to you. This can take anywhere from 3-8 weeks depending on the time of year.
– I have the images for you! All of my clients with bookings 4 hours and over receive every one their images (including engagement or rehearsal photos) in three forms:
- Proofbook, 12 images per page, hard bound, a really nice way to sit down and review all of your pics
- Online gallery – share, review, order and organize away!
- Finished USB Drive or digital download with print release and full size images
From here it’s album time! I’ll save that for another post.
Check out the goodies below. A proofbook and drive of images is always included. The proofbook is a great way to review all of your images, often seen as redundant with today’s web galleries I actually prefer it. A convenient and pleasant way to review the day! The USB Drive is loaded with your images and a print release ready for safe keeping.